Monday, January 4, 2010

Brookie got a chance to dig herself out of the snow and enjoy a few days of San Diego sunshine.

We started the beautiful day with a morning run. Bonding time between sisters, Dana was there too, so tender. Until pushed her "into traffic" as she would put it, and she got some mad road rash. For the record, there was no traffic, it was 530 am, and I... ahem, was trying to get her to fun behind the cars that had just gotten a green light. She skinned her hand pretty wicked but was a real trooper. I gave her my shirt to wrap around it (don't worry, I run in like 12 layers, so I was

still plenty dressed) and she wanted to run the 8 miles instead of our regular 6. At our last chance to turn around, I talked her into just going back before she lost too much blood. So we headed back to assess the damage. The hand was bad, she cried, screamed, woke the boys up, and finally we got it (kinda) cleaned and really bandaged. Then she checked the knees, a few little playground scratches, not too major. She also slid on her belly, so she pulled up her shirt, and there was asphalt in her waistband.

She survivied the first outting, went home, showered, and then headed back to my house for a day out with the boys. Ben had the whole week off, so the idea was to give him a whole day to get some things done around the house.

First we went to the WAP. What was it... December 29th. Well, I guess a lot of people have that whole week off. It was nice at first, we got there early and got a nice parking spot.


We saw about everything that we wanted to see, and started heading out. It was RIDICULOUS!!! We were fighting crowds to get out, and there were lines all the way to the parking lot to get in. Man, I was glad to be leaving!!!

So we decided it was too early to call it a day, and way to beautiful. So we decided to go to the Children's pool, or whatever it's called, to see the seals. Roman was really tired and wanted to go home. So we dropped him off with Ben.

The weather was PERFECT. And the waves were so peaceful. My only complaint was again,

ALL the people!!! We finally got a parking spot, I even parallel parked!! By then, Isaac was asleep. But we couldn't give up. We were on a mission. I got Isaac out and carried him for a bit.
Once he woke up, he was in a great mood. We had to walk a ways to get to the seals, but we stopped in a few different places to see the waves and the tidepools. The baby fussed that he wanted to get down, so we let him play in the sand for a while.

It was a great day, and I am so greatful to live in such a beautiful city. We definitely pay for it
, So I like when we are able to get out and just enjoy the sights :)

Thanks Brookie for a memorable day!! Love you.

1 comment:

Lashelle said...

What a beautiful day. I thought you said you had to fight for a parking sapce, I don't see anyone else in your shots!