Sunday, May 10, 2009

Father/Sons Campout




























I have been looking forward to this weekend.... since last year, when for some reason we totally missed it. The boys spent all day cleaning out mommy's car and packing for this exciting trip. I kissed them all and waved good bye at about 430 Friday afternoon. First I buckled the baby in the front seat and climbed in back with the boys. They kicked us out and told us we couldn't come.

I had big plans while they were gone... all of which were some form of cleaning. Why is it that when mom's get a quiet house the first thing they want to do is clean?!? Actually, the first thing I did was feed the baby, who then got tired and insisted on bath and bed. After I put him down and came out of his room, I realized it was 530!!! Mercy, I just hoped he would sleep all night.

Then I fixed myself a lovely turkey wrap and popped a few Tylenol. I've been getting debilitating headaches like once a week, and I could feel one creeping up. Then I decided to lay down for a little rest and get up headache free and ready to clean. The little rest turned into a 2 hour nap... yes, Erin, when you called me that night, I had been a sleep. So then I got up and cleaned the kitchen and finished the undone laundry from earlier in the week.... not even a quarter of my big exciting list of things to do.

As the evening started to get chilly, I decided to call Ben to make sure he was keeping my boys warm. I think it was well after 930. He said that they would be fine and that Isaac was getting ready for bed. When I asked the next day if they slept well, Ben said "Yah, they slept until 7"..... Great, from after 10 until 7, not too impressive. (Hence the four hour naps on Saturday!!)

I guess at the campground the kids pretty much ran a muck. Which my boys thoroughly enjoyed, because I am usually always hoovering and telling them to stay close or be careful. They also experienced the joy of the glow of a gasoline fueled bonfire. Thanks Gary Q. I have decided that there is a reason the mom's are not invited to this thing.... I would be freaking out to see a pile of wood doused in gasoline and Gary dancing around with a match.

It seemed like almost all the boys and dads from the ward were there. Roman and Isaac had a good group of kids they were tromping around with. Ben and Randy L organized a mini hike Friday evening, but I guess that was as organized as anything got. The ironic part of the trip was that Ben cleaned out all the bikes and toys from the car... and when they got up there, found out that everyone else had brought bikes and scooters to ride in the parking lot. Oh well next year he'll know to bring bikes... and he'll have all three boys... and my to do list will have nothing to do with cleaning!!!!

No comments: