I went outside on Tuesday to see if the bees had returned. There were only a few up near the opening of the chimney. I watched as they flew from our chimeny to the tall pine tree in the nighbor's yard, and back. I moved into the back yard and looked closer... to see a volleyball size hive in the tree! I panicked and ran next door to tell our neighbor. We both worried because we were supposed to be hosting parties within the week. I called the exterminator to see if they could get it out of the tree. The very nice lady said that bees don't like to live in trees, so they will either return to the chimney or leave all together. I decided to relocate the baby shower that was supposed to be at my house, while we had enough time to call people. And we locked ourselves in the house for the next day and a half. Tuesday I still had a few bees make their way into the living room. I think they appreciated that I put them out of their misery. By time they made it out of the fireplace they were all but dead.
I ventured out of the house Wednesday afternoon and found that the bees had indeed moved along. I've learned quite a few things through this experience. And I have also learned that a lot of other people have had very similar experiences. Nice welcoming to home ownership... sure wish we could have just called a land lord on this one, but I guess this made me stronger :)
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment