Monday, December 28, 2009

A Visit from Grammy Great

My grandmother is the glue that sticks our family together. My childhood is full of memories of the families converging on grandma's house for Christmas parties with Santa and Christmas brunch. Not to mention the other year round activities that brought us together. Since she moved to Cedar City, our family gatherings have been few and far between.

The weekend before Christmas, Grandma came out with Aunt Leslie. My mom hosted a potluck at her house, complete with BBQ. I was quite opposed to BBQ in December, but then it turned
out to be mid 70s that weekend!!

The cousins were all there, except a few wives. The kiddos are all getting so big and had so much fun together. Aaron and Teegan are just 4 days apart. They were both a little clingy that day, but once the toys came out, they were much more social and wanted to trade around.

I love family time and wish we could do it more, without needing a holiday or special occasion. But I'll take what I can get.


No comments: