Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Snapshot

The boys are growing so fast, and I forget things so easily. These are the things about the boys that have made me smile lately:

For Christmas, Roman requested: non-fiction books and science stuff. He's so serious and loves learning. The only thing he wears right now is comfy pants and white t-shirts. Gross, but he can make even that look good. It becomes a problem if we are going anywhere picture worthy, or if his only 2 pairs of pants are dirty and he is trying to wear them for the 4th day in a row! I'm sure (hoping) he'll grow out of this!

Isaac came home one day , walked to the middle of the living room, put down his backpack, took out his pencil boxes (which usually stay in his desk at school), and said, as straigh-faced as ever : I brought these home, because I am not going back. I tried not to laugh, then called my friend Tamara, my sister who is a teacher, and Isaac's teacher. Mrs.Tebbetts and I talked about how Isaac is very expressive, when he is happy, he is ecstatic. When he is upset, the whole world is going to know about it! He since has had less "incidents" as Mrs.Tebbetts has come to call them, and is enjoying school. (He actually has loved it from the beginning, and grown a lot. Kindergarten is so awesome!)

Aaron has a joke! The carpool kids like to tell knock-knock jokes in the am (fortunately it is a short ride to school!). Aaron started parroting the boys, and soon came up with his own joke, which actually makes just as much sense as the older boys! Knock-knock, who hair, sea turtle. He says it all in a row, he doesn't get the back and forth aspect. Now (a month later, I've been meaning to post this for a while!) he will let me say the "who's there" part, and then he will respond with "sea turtle", "Roman", and "Isaac", as we play over and over. He's such a riot. AND he is potty trained!! Ben potty trained him over Christmas break. He calls it "potty first" and would ONLY let daddy help for those 10 or so days. He is, and always has been, our little daddy's boy.

Today is Ben and my eight year anniversary, I can hardly believe it has been that long. I am so blessed to have him in my life, I don't know where I would be without him. My little sports car driving pizza guy has blossomed into an amazing father and loving husband. We have both grown a lot in these 8 years, and I look forward to what is yet to come!

4 comments:

Audra said...

Happy Anniversary Again!

Bonnie said...

funny . . . a "snapshot" without a photo :) okay, maybe not too funny! Good update kimmyk

Casey said...

I can't believe its been 8 years - that is awesome. Congratulations!! I am so happy the two of you found each other and have such a beautiful family together. Happy days for your future - heres to another 8 years (and plenty more I'm sure).

Lashelle said...

How can you post a short update, and still make me cry. I love you and your awsome famiy!