Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seadoos, of course!

What do we do when family comes to town? Seadoos, of course!
Tuesday we packed up and headed down to Mission Bay, and Jillian got to come too!
The cousins had a great time splashing in the water, digging canals, building castles, dumping water on grandma, and going for rides. It was another perfect day. (oh, except that the Seadoo trailer broke on the way down.... but that was the mensfolks problem)

At one point, just before we were leaving, Isaac wanted one last ride. One of the seadoos wasn't working, so Joy, Isaac and I all went together on the one that was left. It worked well, Joy was cautious, and I was an extra set of eyes, it was all good. Then she took us to a little inlet that is protected, where you could do donuts. I didn't even know that was there! We waited for the other 2 jetskis to leave so that we could have the place to ourselves. We did a few donuts, and then hit a wake wrong. Joy stopped, and the Seadoo started to tip to the right. I tried to "high side", but my efforts weren't enough, and we all were dumped.

The key was tethered to Joy's vest, so the Seadoo stopped dead in the water. Joy scooped Isaac up right away, and we all had vests on, so we were fine. Isaac was shaken and looked at me and said "Whoa, I have never done THAT before". I laughed and said, "Neither have I!" He remained cool under pressure though, because he had scooped up Joy's sunglasses from the water before they sank. What a hero!
We talked about the safety precautions that we take, in case something like that happens, and how everything turned out just fine. Then I told him how I had thrown his dad off at least once before :)
Joy let me drive the rest of the way to shore, and I just chuckled the whole time about how funny it was, and how cute Isaac's reaction was.

1 comment:

Lashelle said...

Good times! Isaac is so adventerous