Do you see these eyes?!?
When Isaac was a baby, he was the chubbiest little thing I had ever seen. But he never liked to be snuggled. He always wanted to look out and you had to hold him in this weird position, with his head in the crook of your arm, his belly laying across your forearm. He never slept in bed with us and never fell asleep in your arms. The chubbiest most squeezable baby... that I never got to squeeze.
He has more than made up for all those times that I couldn't squeeze him. He has become the most loving, snuggly boy a mommy could wish for. He wakes up so sweet and sleepy, it is my favorite time of the day. Usually, Roman and the baby are already awake. We'll be in the dinning room and hear the door open and sleepy feet shuffle down the hall. Then we'll see Isaac, rubbing his eyes and completely disheveled from tossing around in bed all night. Then he comes and sits in my lap, where ever I am, what ever I am doing. It takes a good five minutes for him to wake up, and I soak up every minute of it!!
Isaac also has become very caring. He collects "babies"... aka stuffed animals. And he plays "mommy" with them. ( I have tried to explain that he will be a daddy, and that daddys also get to take care of the babies.... just not sinkin in yet, so I just talk about the babies, and not about him being mommy or daddy). He gets toys for them, he tucks them in for naps, he takes them for playdates... it is so cute.
He is really growing up, he loves his big brother and tries to keep right in step with him. They love telling imaginitive stories together. The top story is Isaac telling daddy some grand story, both boys talk with their hands :) I love that my boys are such good friends.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Seriously such a cute boy! I love that he cuddles with you. And I love that he plays babies with Ashlyn.
Post a Comment