Yesterday Brooke and I took the boys to the beach. It was a beautiful day, and at least a million people agreed. Torrey Pines was packed. Fortunately we lucked out with a parking spot right away. I always love when that happens, I take it as a good omen :)
We plopped down in the sand and set up this lovely shade tent that I have. I put down a blanket and some clean toys inside, thinking that Aaron would just be entertained in there for a while. Aaron naturally had other plans. The second that I put him down, he raced to the sand. He played in the sand a little and then charged to the water. We decided to go down to the shore line where his brothers were digging.
Again, I placed him on his bottom with a shovel, hoping he would stay still for a while. Again, he had other plans. He got on his tummy and headed straight for the waves. I watched him as he got closer and the water finally washed up underneath him. At first he didn't know just what to think of it, but soon Brooke had him out in the waves.
For the past two years my boys have been content to just play on the sand all day at the beach. Just this summer I have watched them get braver and venture into the water. Brooke coaxed them into where they could jump over the waves with her help. They had fun and we all played in the water for a while. When the boys decided to go back to shore, Isaac started crawling on his belly and letting himself get washed around by the waves. It was adorable. Roman followed suit and also had a lot of fun. Then all 5 of us sat at the water's edge and just enjoyed the cool water and the sun on our faces.
I love going to the beach and just watching the waves. I don't even know how long it has been since I actually played in the water though. Next on my list is boogie boarding!
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
3 comments:
sounds like a lot of fun!! I'm jealous--no beach around here, but I guess I will appreciate it more next time--glad to hear the boys loved it too!!! :0)
Sounds like you guys are having a great summer.
Boogie Boarding!! Every time I walk by the boogie boards at Costco I think I should snag one. It looks like so much fun. Again, I love imagining Aaron "frogging" his way to the waves like a baby sea turtle heading back to the ocean after hatching! :0)
(P.S. Whenever my mom gets front row parking anywhere she says it's because she pays her tithing. Ha ha!) :P
Post a Comment