Sunday, November 8, 2009

Book Ends







So yesterday was a great day, with the Lion King being the central event. But my day also started and ended very cool. I've had a lot of great days lately. Or did I finally change my rotten attitude?? Whichever it is, I hope it continues!!
Dana and I woke up "early", by Saturday standards, and went for a trail run. There is an insane trail straight up Black Mountain, and the last few times I have tried, I haven't been able to make it. I've had to walk. So yesterday I was finally able to make it to the top. It was hard, but I did it! And it felt great.

Then we went to this great clothing swap/ giveaway that a few of the wards in our stake had organized. Scripps Ranch is pretty well-to-do, and they were part of it, so I was hoping for a few good freebies. I was NOT disappointed! Dana and I ended up with a garbage bag each! Their were so many good clothes, and it was very well put together. I got a lot of sweaters and a sweet pair of Calvin Klein jeans! Dana picked out that sweet 80s jacket for Isaac, and he loves it! He calls it his "Rainbow Jacket" and packed it in a suitcase to take to the play. He had to leave it in the car, but it is a good thing he had it, because it was cold when we went out to dinner :)

Then we went to the Lion King, which rocked. Poor dad has not been feeling well, so he went home afterwards, but the rest of us went out to dinner.

Dana has been dying to go to Romano's Macaroni Grill... I've only been there once, and it didn't do too much for me, but I figured the boys would find something to eat there, so that was where we went. Dana and Josh left our house before we did, so when we got to the restaurant and they weren't there, but the rest of Esco was.... I probably had flames coming out my ears. We tried to call them, and they didn't answer. But then I decided to stop being irritated and see if they had signed in. Sure enough, they had called in reservations for 615. Phew. The host came to get us just a minute later.

Service started slow, but then got better. The bread is the best part. The food was comparable to Olive Garden, but you don't get salad with it. Well, the prices are comparable, the food might be a tad better.... but my mind works better in prices :P

The boys were good, the baby was happy to be with his family again (my cousin Kristin watched him while we went to the play). It was just nice to spend the day together. It was a long day, as evidenced by the boys practically falling asleep at the table once they were done eating.
I really do love and appreciate my family. I hope they know that, because they also tend to be the brunt of my grumpiness on my bad days.

1 comment:

Wyndi said...

How fun! Looks like you guys had a great time at Lion King! What a great treat for the boys! :)