Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Garcias Get a New Water Heater, and a Big Box






Our water heater was about 20 years old and leaking like a sieve. Is that the saying? Well, it was leaking a gallon every three days or so. Ben finally cleared a Saturday to get a new one put in. (AKA I finally didn't have some activity planned that would take the whole day)

We had talked to another friend who said that it took him 4 hours to change out his, but it really shouldn't have taken that long. Ben had him beat... 14 hours. I didn't have ANY water from 8 am to 530 pm. Once the water was back on, I had to take a cold shower to get the boys to one of many Halloween parties.

Of course a big new water heater equals a new big box! The boys instantly claimed it and started to make it their home. It was so cute and brought back memories of playing in a dishwasher box when I was little. My mom let us keep it for at least a week.... I'm not so nice, Ben and I stomped it flat and recycled it right away.

1 comment:

Clayton & Brooke Fowers said...

Is this the day you told Ben you weren't really a "doer" because then you really shouldn't complain about no water if you weren't willing to help :o)