Monday, July 13, 2009

Toot! Toot!




That's the sound of me tooting my own horn :P

At the WAP and Zoo, they have people who will turn yours or your child's handprint into an animal. So cute. HOWEVER it costs $15 or more dollars a hand. I just couldn't bring myself to pay that.

So last week, I whipped out our huge box of paints and decided to try it out myself. Roman's hand was first, and he wanted to be a jaguar. I was very pleased with that one. Then Isaac decided that he wanted to be a giraffe... That one was a little trickier. But the hardest one was the baby, because he just wanted to keep his fist all balled up. Somehow I got him to spread his fingers and got a decent hand print. The boys love their pictures and I have framed them in a triple frame, but don't know where to hang it.

I guess the people at the WAP or Zoo could possibly do better... but then again, it might just be some punk teenager working the job for the summer.... so who knows. I'm still pretty impressed with myself :)

3 comments:

Clayton & Brooke Fowers said...

I'm way impressed too. Way to go.

Erin said...

My sister and I stare at those every time we go. Thinking we can do that at home but haven't yet. Yours are so cute. Someday I'll try it.

Liz said...

Way to go, Kim! Those are awesome! You've definitely got artistic talent, my friend. I bet your kids think you are the coolest mom ever!