They had a lovely exhibit about global warming, or was it cooling? Some how we tiny little humans have completely altered the universe, and whether the Earth is warming or cooling, it is all our fault. Has nothing to do with natural cycles... or that giant ball of fire that we orbit around. (Don't get me wrong, we should all do our part, and I recycle and try to use more natural solutions when available... but I think global warming paranoia is way out of control)
Then we went to the Sea Horse exhibit. I liked that, Sea Horses are pretty cool. And did you know that the males are the ones that get pregnant and give birth?!?!? They had a video of the Sea Horse giving birth, horrible contractions and all. Some other lady sat down next to me to watch it. We were all too pleased with the male Sea Horses discomfort and pure exhaustion by the end of it!
The boys liked the playing area in the Sea Horse exhibit. It had different colored corals and you were supposed to hide the different colored puppets in the coral that would protect and camoflage them best. The baby liked the ceiling to floor mirror the best :)
They also have a tidepool outside, and we were there for feeding time! Giant disgusting lobsters came out of hiding to snatch pieces of fish floating down from the sky. The way that the guy was flinging them around, I was terrified that he was going to hit an innocent bystander with fish guts. Fortunately, I think it all made it into the tidepool.
After the aquarium, we headed to Extreme Pizza in LaJolla. (Thanks again, Amanda, for letting me barge in and use your printer!!!). By then the baby had about had it. He was tired of being cooped up and just wanted to crawl around, preferably in the tiny not-so-sturdy table. I scarfed down my pizza and then took the screeching baby outside.
All in all it was a good day. I think we'll try it again in 3 more years or so :P
.jpg)
2 comments:
Cute pictures!
Looks like you had a great time and Amen sister to the whole global warning thing. If the world is getting warmer why have we had so many cold days already?
Post a Comment