I talked Ben into going to Disneyland with our friends, the Sharps. The Sharps were going with their cousins who were visiting, so I knew we wouldn't hang out together the whole day, but I used it as an excuse to get Ben to agree :)
We didn't tell the boys that we were going, because I didn't want to hear them ask EVERY day if we were going. I was going to tell them the night before, but then I thought that they might not be able to get a good sleep, being too excited. So I decided to just keep it a surprise.
The day before we were going to go, my grandma called, as she often does. She just likes to check on us and see when I'll be bringing the kids by for a visit. My grandparents will be 80 this year, and they are so amazing. They still take the kids for over nights, and to fun places. I had a crazy idea, and asked her if she would take the baby over night and keep him while we were at Disneyland. He doesn't enjoy it as much as the boys, and he does slow us down a bit. She said yes, and that she would love to.
So Monday night, I took the boys over to grandma's to visit, and left the baby. That made me wonder if the boys would catch on. I mean, why would the baby spend the night by himself? I just told Isaac that maybe he and I could do something fun tomorrow while Roman was at school.
We got home, ate dinner, and took baths. I told the boys to pick out cute shirts for "Cute Shirt Day" the following day. Funny thing is, they both picked out Disney character shirts!
As hard as I tried, they still got to bed a little late. But at least they didn't have the anticipation of a day at Disneyland to keep them up all night :)
The next morning I woke up early, made muffins for breakfast and packed lunches and snacks. (One of the conditions of going to Disneyland was that we couldn't spend money... well aside from gas and parking).
Max and his cousins came over at about 6 am and loaded into the van. Ben and I hurried and woke and dressed the boys. We finally told them that
The day was great. We went on most everything that the kids wanted, and Roman even tried Thunder Mountain. He didn't like it, but I'm glad he tried it :)
For Christmas two years ago, Dana had gotten Isaac a kids size camel pack back pack. It got packed in a random box when we moved, but I finally dug it out for Disneyland. He looked so cute in it, and liked having his own water all day long. He did share, but he was the boss of it :)
We finally caught up with the Sharps after 6 and went on a few last rides together. He started heading to the cars a little after 8. The boys were all tired and falling apart. I had brought a stroller, which was empty most of the day, but came in handy for that last walk. Roman was so tired that he fell asleep in the piggy back position on Ben's back.
When I realized that we wouldn't be home until late, I called my mom to pick up the baby and take him home to sleep in his own bed. Then she snoozed on the couch until we got home just after ten.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment