Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dreams Do Come True!

Last December, Ben was doing yard work in the front, with the 3 boys running all around him. A guy came over and asked if Ben knew anything about the house next door that was for rent. Ben didn't know anything about it or the Open House that was supposed to be going on. The guy, Walter, noticed the (pathetic) food storage in our garage and the young dad with 3 small boys close in age, and asked Ben if we were Mormon. Well, yes we are :) Turns out that Walter is also a member, and he was house hunting for his family that was still in AZ. His family which consists of 3 BOYS! They chatted a bit, about what, I don't know, Ben is not good with details, and then I guess someone showed up so that Walter could look at the house.

I had been running errands or doing something for RS. So when I got home and Ben told me the story, I pressed for more info. Did you tell him how much we love the ward? how much we love the school? how great the neighborhood is? No.

The next Sunday we rushed to the first open pew and sat down as the meeting started. The guy in front of us turned around to Ben, and said that they had signed the lease and would be our new neighbors. After Sacrament, Walt introduced himself and showed me pics on his phone of his three boys. Max, 8, Ian, 6and Van, 3.

As the holidays came and went, I was excited to meet Walt's wife and kids... but then I started to worry. What if she didn't like me?!? Walt had mentioned in Sunday School that LeaAnn came from a family with ELEVEN kids, and they all love each other and get a long great. I started thinking she was "one of those". The perfect mom who holds it together and does it all with a smile.

The Sharps moved in over New Years and we invited them to the park that Saturday. Max was sick, so Walt stayed home with him, and LeaAnn took the other two to the park. It was great. The boys played together, and LeaAnn and I had a lot in common. Right away, we had sucked her into our babysitting co-op and dinner swap group.

I love having them next door, and am trying to convince them to buy that house!! LeaAnn and I have started working out together and are making plans on how to keep our kids busy this summer so that they don't drive us crazy :) Not to mention the times we invaded to use their bathroom when ours were out of commission!

Everyone should have a friend living right next door :)

No comments: