Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Christmas 2010



Christmas has come and (long ago) gone. I feel guilty that I haven't posted ANYTHING. So here's a recap:

Joy came to visit, minus the girlies who were spending time with their dad this year. Bryce and Melanie and kids all came as well. It was so nice to have almost everyone together.

Christmas Eve, Dana, Joy, Brooke, mom and I all got pedicures. It was perfect; relaxing and fun. Then we all went our seperate ways to bake and prepare for the family dinner that night.

Grandma and granddad hosted a wonderful dinner for the 30 of us.
Too much good food was had by all :) We visited
and snapped a few shots of the whole group, and then it was time for everyone to head home and prepare for that jolly visitor.

Joy spent the night at our house, so I am pretty sure that she woke the kids up on Christmas morning.... Us Kerby's can't hide our excitement for a wild Christmas morning. These poor boys who keep marrying into the family are still adjusting to early rising and a full day of chaos.

The boys got spoiled, of course. Roman got a lot of science experiment stuff, and Isaac added to our heavily ladden lego collection. Aaron only really cared about the candy cane that he had been promised for the whole month of December!


After Christmas morning at home, we went to my parents, were we enjoyed a yummy breakfast and more spoiling. My parents got Ben and I a folding table and 4 chairs, in the hopes that we will stop stealing theirs ;) It's actually worked so far. We even used the table for 2 weeks until we got a real table of our own. (To replace the oober-tiny Ikea table that didn't even fit our family of 5).

Christmas was good. I loved having the family together. And I loved seeing the excitment in my boys eyes as they opened the presents that had been taunting them under the tree for weeks :)


The lovely sweater was from an ugly sweater party that we had. Actually, it was supposed to be an ugly sweater contest, but everyone else kind of forgot about that part.... I made my sweater, and was quite impressed with the end result. I guilted a few of my good friends into coming up with SOMETHING, and the Catlett's actually did give me a real run for my money. Next year for sure, everyone wants to do the ugly sweater thing, so I'll have to step up my game even more :)



1 comment:

Lashelle said...

The picture of your tree and mantle, should be a christmas card!