Friday, February 25, 2011

A Little Miss-Timed Adventure

Ben has been in Maryland the last 2.5 days. In talking to the boys this afternoon, he mentioned going to 7-11. The forecasters are saying that tomorrow we are going to get thunderstorms and torrential rain, so I told Ben we should go today. But I wanted to walk, because gas is so expensive, I'm trying to only make worthwhile trips in the car. We have a 7-11 at the bottom of our neighborhood... but then you have to climb the hill to get back! And it is close to 2 miles each way. BUT there is a fire road out the back of the neighborhood, and .7 miles away is another 7-11! I can't believe that I hadn't thought of it before.

So, at 345, with bundled up in jackets and headed for 7-11. By time we got there, my hands were frozen. Fortunately, in the time that it took me to mix 3 suicide slurpees, my hands were properly thawed. Then it was back out into the cold, with less sun, and now icy drinks in hand. We made it home, pink noses and ears, with storm clouds circling above head. It was a fun Friday adventure, but I think next time, we'll shoot for a hot, sunny day!

1 comment:

Lashelle said...

You are such a cute nut!