Aaron is a real riot. He brings immense joy and almost as much pain to my life! He is happy and goofy, but stubborn and independant. Not the good independent, the kind where he wants to do everything himself... but can't. Oh, and he doesn't like me. And tells me whenever the opportunity presents itself. "No like mommy. Like daddy. And Isaac. And Roman." If daddy is home, mommy is chopped liver. Which sometimes works to my advantage. Like, Ben potty trained Aaron the week he had off between Christmas and New Years. No matter how many bathroom trips there were, Ben did them all.
Aaron's favorite thing to do is cut. We have to hide all the scissors. He cut his blanket. His special can't-sleep-without-it blanket, which then proceded to unravel. We quickly scrambled to tie it off in various places and salvaged the already partial blanket.
I finally decided to give in and let him cut, under my supervision, and only paper. He has gotten quite good. He can cut in a fairly straight line, but he doesn't see the need to cut around things. He cuts straight down the paper, and likes to tell me when he is cutting the baby, or the flower, whatever junk mail I have given him to shred.
Another one of his favorite things is sock puppets. This picture of him, in the Mater underwear is classis Aaron. I think I was trying to find him for dinner. He was ignoring me, so I had to go find him. I was about to yell at him, when he pounces at me, his underwear on backwards, and a sock puppet on his hand. Sometimes, when he picks his clothes, he gets 3 or more socks out.
Aaron has finally decided he likes tv. Buzz Lightyear is his favorite character. On our last trip to Disneyland, he decided that he wanted to push Buzz Lightyear's button. We weren't sure if he would go through with it, he is terrified of Santa and most other things that are good in theory, scary when someone tries to plop you on their lap. He did push the button, but wouldn't pose for a picture. I'm glad I got this one. :)
.jpg)
1 comment:
He is going to love having you show the picture of him in his underware, to his future girlfriends.
Post a Comment