On June 6th ( I only know the date because it was Erin's birthday, even though I never even told her happy Birthday...) the ward did a service project at Los Pen Canyon Preserve. It was part of a state wide Trail Day, so there were a lot of other volunteers, a catered lunch with a live band, and pony rides!
The ward took to spreading mulch around the orchard. Erin had the brilliant fore thought to bring little shovels for the girls. I had the ever messy car with sand toys forever in the back, so I got some for the boys as well. The kids were so cute helping, and really had a good time. I even helped fill a couple buckets myself, baby strapped on front and all. I am very quick to say I can't do things because of the baby, and am trying to change that. It wasn't long before I was reduced to supervising again, but it did feel good to help when I could.
After a few good hours of hard work, Erin and I took the kids over to the pony caraal that was being set up for the pony rides. A few laps on the ponys and it was time for chicken tacos and some blue grass (?) music.
It was a fun day, I always enjoy big service projects. I am glad that the boys were able to "help", but mostly to see that mommy and daddy like to do service. I am so grateful to be a part of a church that is truly built on service.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment