Monday, June 22, 2009

Still Teething!




MONTHS ago Aaron started teething. It was really intense... big swollen gums, a slight fever, and NO sleep for 3 nights. Then nothing. back to regular happy baby, sleeping (basically) through the night.

Now every few weeks he gets fussy and sleepless, and still no teeth. Every time we cycle through, I think we are almost done and that I am going to wake up to a baby with teeth... still nothing. The teething tablets don't seem to work, and he doesn't like me touching his gums, so the baby orajel doesn't seem to even get on them enough. He doesn't like to chew on frozen green beans or sweet potatoes... so we have moved on to popsicles!! This was his first one (these pics are from a few weeks ago, I downloaded my pics and forgot I even had these..) I loved the bright red dripping down his chin. It was a pomegranate and apple popsicle, but we have since gotten pedialyte popsicles, much less exciting I know.

All I know is that this had better be more than one tooth!!! I can't do this 20 more times! It is actually his top gum that is the most swollen, so he might be getting a top tooth first. Never knew a kid who did that, so this could be fun. The bottom 2 both are not far behind though.

Bright side to this whole experience is that he doesn't bite me when he is nursing. So Ben says I shouldn't complain...

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I am experiencing the same thing. I thought Zander was getting a top tooth two months ago and he still has no teeth. He was slobbering and fussy, slight fever, I thought for sure a tooth would come in, but no. They will come soon enough.