The ferry ride was just 15 minutes, perfect for little boy attention spans :) We meant to take the noon ferry, but seeing as how we always run late, we ended up on the 1 o'clock ferry. So by time we got to Coronado, it was straight to a restaurant. The ferry let us off right behind a pizza place, the Village Pizzeria, so that was where we went. We missed the lunch rush, and by time we ordered, the place was half empty. However it still took 45 minutes to get our pizza. And when it came out, the crust was all thin and limp. I didn't say anything at first, thinking, well, I guess it's NY style. But then the boys' pizza was all fluffy and great. Ben (being the ex-pizza guy and local expert) said that is what happens when the dough doesn't have time to rise. So long story short, I don't recommend that place!
After a few hours without sunscreen, it was time to get back on the Ferry back to Sunny SD.
The trip back was not so enjoyable, for me and the baby anyway. Little Aaron has a blanket that he loves and needs to sleep. I forgot to grab it on the way out the door, so he was about 3 hours past due on a nap and not happy about it.
We did get to stop at the Naval Base and pick up a few people on the way back, so that was different. We got to watch as the Navy Security moved the floating fence so that we could get through. And we were instructed over a very old and inaudible PA system that no photography was allowed past the barriers. Nothing too exciting happened, but it was different :P
.jpg)
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had fun! I didn't even know there was a ferry until just a few years ago ... funny how the "natives" never do the touristy stuff =). And did you say Roman is starting Kindergarten? How are you and him feeling about that?
I hope you are all doing well!!!!!
Post a Comment