This month they learned about the Joys of the Earth and they were scheduled to go to a petting zoo. Kids get in free to the SD Zoo in the month of October, so the teacher that week decided to go to the Children's Zoo there. I offered to tag a long to help and to drive 2 of the kids.
It was a great day, the weather was perfect, and all though the Zoo was crowded, the Childrens Zoo wasn't too bad.
We started out at the Reptile House, and the boys probably could have stayed there all day. It is fun to hear the excitement in their voices and watch them show each other when they found the camouflaged reptiles in each enclosure.
Then we went over to the Children's Zoo and slowly made our way to petting zoo part. The sheep and goats were mostly hiding from people, but the boys did get to pet one soft sheep, and look at a few pigs.
Then it was time to head home. The only bad
I was glad that I got to go, and so grateful to have found such a great group of moms to be a part of.
.jpg)
2 comments:
I love field trips, helping in the class room brought me great joy while my kids were growing up.
So fun! I am glad you are loving Joy School. Miss you!
Post a Comment