We headed out nice and early, amidst cloudy skies and the threat of rain. Which might have been in our favor, because Balboa was pretty empty for a holiday Monday.
It was a great day. First, we got to park right next to each other (even though we arrived seperately), then we got to the museum, and found out it was Family Day or something, so we got in for less than half price.
The kids were all very well behaved, and the big ones helped with the little ones. We explored the Mayan carvings, DNA, evoloution, and Mummies. Then it was on the amazing, exciting, unbelievable craft. It was a "Dream Wreath", or something like that. You were supposed to trace their sample hand and cut it out in different colors, and then write your dreams on the hands and glue them together.
We had at first decided to skip the festive craft, but then the kids got up to the table and really enjoyed themselves. Bonnie helped Roman make a wreath, and Isaac just squeezed glitter glue all over a yellow piece of construction paper :)
We wrapped it up and headed to Round Table for lunch. The kids burned through $30 in the quarter machines, mostly settling on a simple game that rewarded them with a timy pencil topper animal. But they had a good time.
We were leaving Round Table, and being in PQ, Bonnie had no idea where we were. I told her to follow me, we would both turn right at the light, and then when I turned left, she would go straight and see the freeway on her right. She took a wrong turn, and went into a neighborhood that wouldn't take her anywhere. I reached for my phone to call her (because I had already turned right), and I realized I didn't have my phone! I came back around, through the same neighborhood, thinking I might see Bonnie.
I didn't see Bonnie, but when I got to RT, they had my phone behind the counter. Phew!! So I called Bonnie, and she had figured out she had missed the turn, and gotten back on track right away. I was so glad that I had realized I didn't have my phone right away! Had I gone hom and gone about my day, I don't think that I EVER would have traced it all the way back to Round Table.
Thanks Bonnie and kids for a fun day!!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment