Friday, February 19, 2010

The Natural History Museum with Joy School

Last month in Joy School, the boys learned about being curious. One of the days that I taught, included a trip to a museum. We ventured out amongst the crowds on a free Tuesday, where I was helped by 2 wonderful moms.

Somehow we kept the group together and had a fun time asking questions.

It is funny how a trip to the museum is just not what I always hope it to be. Scrambling from exhibit to exhibit, simplifying the 6 paragraph description on the plaque under the prehistoric relative of the lemur, and spending 20 minutes watching the boys spinning bicycle pedals to make water come from a regular bathroom faucet.



Not quite the cultured experience that my naive self used to invision, BEFORE multile kids. Now I just hope that a few exposures will help them to want to learn more about the world around us.
It's funny that Isaac has started using "being curious" as an excuse when he does something wrong. He stepped on my toes the other day, and I said "Ouch! You stepped on my toes." And his reply was "Sorry, I was just being curious". Huh? Whatever, he is so cute.











No comments: