Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tuesday (Part I)

Another beautiful sunny day + free museums at Balboa Park = Another great staycation day.

We went with 2 other mommies, who also had 3 boys a piece. 3 moms and 9 boys!! What a sight. As the boys were rushing past us trying to get to the museum, the greeter rounded them up for a head count and a word of advice. He gave the boys a little spiel about staying with your moms and not running off alone. I was actually appreciated the good advice and that he took the time to talk to the kids. Kids seem to think that



everyone besides mom is an expert :p

The boys were excited for the Mummy exhibit, so we rushed through the Mayan carvings and pottery and the evoloution from monkey to man. We paused a bit to play palentologist, took a head count, and headed to the mummies.

I don't think the mummies was quite what they were hoping for. A few weeks ago, Isaac asked if we have real mummies in our world. Ben and I


tried to explain that there ARE mummies in our world, but they aren't the spooky ones that get up and walk around. I had to revisit that same discussion with 6 year old Ian.

They zoomed through the mummies, and across the walkway to the play area. We have been to this museum twice in the last few months, so mu kids new just were the fun was. It's a tiny 9x12 ish room with a small sail boat, a produce stand, and Eqyptian robes you can dress up in. The



boys could play there all day, but we cut them off after 40 minutes or so. Past that room is a hallway with an Eqyptian throne and a place where you can write to an Egyptian mummie in the after life. (Last time we went, Roman wrote to a mummy and told him that he missed him. So cute).
After the play area, we went outside for a picnic. We found an empty bench at my favorite spot and attempted to feed 9 wound up but hungry boys.
Tara and her boys headed home after lunch, and Lea Ann and I took our boys to the Botanical Gardens. It was a little crowded in the building, so we went in one door and right out the other. The boys then proceded to stand WAY too close (for MY comfort) to the koi pond .

Roman, my little photographer-in-training, took a few pics of the fish, and I persuaded all 6 boys to let me take a picture of them on the bridge.
As we were heading out to the car, the clock struck 12 noon. I was pretty impressed that we had made it 2 full hours with all the boys! But the day was only half over...




No comments: