Thursday, February 18, 2010

Perfect President's Day

First I have to say, the day was perfect, I don't think there has or ever will be a perfect President :P

Monday was one of those perfect days where it is a crime to not get outside and just enjoy it. We were supposed to go to the Aquarium, but got a little bit of a slow start. (We are rennovating our bathrooms, and Monday was demo day! I had to talk to the contractor before leaving him to destroy our miserable old shower.)


I didn't get to mom's house (where the boys had spent the night on Sunday) until about noon. We decided to go over to BK for lunch before taking off. Then we decided to let the kids play in the play area while we waited for dad to get off work.

Once the boys had kids meals and played in the multi colored tunnels, I think their day was a 10. But the fun was just beginning :)

We went down to the Children's Pool to see the dolphins and watch the waves. It took a while to find parking, but I didn't mind. Driving along the shoreline I was watching the amazing waves. We've had some crazy weather and stormy waters the last month or so. The waves reminded me of the waves at North Shore that would literally wash OVER the highway during the winter storms.

We finally found parking and hiked down to the beach. Dad estimated that we were about half a mile from the seals.


I wasn't sure if we should take on that trek, but I had to take advantage of the 1 to 1 ratio that I so rarely have going for me. So we each hoisted a kid onto our shoulders and headed for the seals.

There weren't many seals playing in the rough water, but their were a few big fat momma seals about to pop! i sympathized with one that they thought might pup that day, as she rolled around and dug herself into the sand just trying to get comfortable. There is just NO getting


comfrotable at that stage!
Isaac's favorite part about the seals is the bridge that you walk on that takes you out over the water. Mostly he likes walking out on it, not so much the looking around.
Aaron's favorite part was throwing his seal propaganda into the water. Hopefully it was printed with chemical free bio-friendly ink on recycled bio-degradable paper.


Roman's favorite part was being with Grandma. Seriously, he got to make one Valentine during Primary on Sunday... and he made it for Grandma.
After the seals we went up to Mt. Soledad. You could see forever in every direction, it was such a clear day. The boys played on the steps and played follow the leader.
I'm trying to play around with my camera and photo shop a little more. The top picture is off Roman in time out on Mt. Soledad. I have to admit, I set him up. He was just kind of being annoying... so I figured I would kill to birds with one stone, by making him sit still and be quiet, and getting a few shots :)




No comments: