Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tide Pools

Last weekend the weather was amazing, and I had to get outside. But Ben was on a camp out with the Deacons, so it was me and all three boys. At about 1030 I couldn't take it any more, the sun was shining, and I wasn't going to let the day pass me by. I called up my grandparents, and by 1100 they were at the house and we were on our way to the tide pools at Cabrillo National Monument.

My grandparents are amazing. They were 50 years old when I was born... and I am turning 29 this year, so you can do the math :) Yet they are so active, they can tire me out!

We weren't the only ones who had to get outside that day. We had to wait a while for a parking spot, but once we got out of the car there was plenty of room to stretch out. The boys had a blast. I had Aaron in the snugglie, he loved it. I think this was the first outing where he could look around, not stuck in the stroller with the shade over him :) This did how ever prevent me from quite keeping up with the older boys... they had a little more freedom, and they LOVED it! Isaac found a few tide pools with his shoes, and Roman loved jumping around from rock to rock.

We saw lots of hermit crabs, a few rock crabs, some snails, lots of anemones and muscles, and even a starfish with blue spots!! It really was a great day. The water was beautiful, the sun was warm, and I was with 5 of my very most favorite people! Next time we will take daddy, and grandma and granddad won't hike down to the bottom :)

No comments: