With sisters coming into town to visit, Dana was good an found things to do each day for the whole week. During her "research" she found out that the Grunion would be running Monday and Tuesday nights between 10pm and Midnight, high tide. We decided to have a bonfire and watch the little boogers run.
We loaded up the blazer with Portia's old fence and headed west. As we were unloading the wood at 9:25, the Sheriff came by to remind everyone that the fire pits closed at 10. Brooke and I parked the car and came back to a roaring fire to enjoy for half an hour. We made some awesome s'mores, packed things back to the car and then headed down to the beach to wait.
As we were heading to the shore, we heard some kids screaming and circling around something in the water. I asked the adults in the group if they had seen anything yet... Turns out the kids had given up on the Grunion and were finding sand crabs.
We walked up and down the shore looking for the most romantic spot... where I would want to lay my eggs if I was a flopping fish. We found a great place, and watched many good waves that brought the water high up on the sand. Again, I was thinking like a fish... there were many waves that I would have taken, if I was a Grunion. But my fishy intuition is off...
We waited until 11:10 or so, and agreed that the tide was actually going back out. The Grunion had missed their chance. So we loaded up and headed back home. Not sure that I will ever try that again... Maybe when the boys will enjoy it.
.jpg)
1 comment:
Yeah, that was pretty disappointing! I've seen it before & it's pretty crazy. Maybe they didn't like our beach & were all conjugating elsewhere.
Post a Comment