Monday, August 17, 2009

My New Toy

I have been looking for an SLR for a while. Well, watching their price and waiting for the next one to come out so that the current ones price goes down. Finally, a good friend told me that her sister was getting rid of hers and upgrading to take professional pics. So I now have a Nikon D40!




When Tara brought it over to show me, she coddled it and cooed over it like it was her baby. She told me how easy it was and all the great features and how to capture great pics and which of the four manuals to read... I was so excited, and overwhelmed at the same time!

Ben got home that night to see the camera, box, and manuals neatly stacked on our pony wall (where nothing was ever supposed to be put, but it has naturally turned into the place to put EVERYTHING). He asked how many hundreds of pictures I had taken, and I said "none".

I whipped out the camera and just took a few shots of Ben and of the boys. I got brave and changed the color setting... ooohh. I know, I've got skills :P

The next day I took a few of inanimate objects with the close up setting. I definitely like taking pictures of *things* more... it's so much easier.

The last picture is of the baby at Coronado. I love his blue eyes, and am glad I got a good picture of them, because they still could change. The quality of the picture itself, not so great, but the subject is adorable :)

4 comments:

Liz said...

I can't wait to see all the pictures you take with your new toy! Now I've gotta teach you how to bypass Blogger in uploading them so that they aren't compressed and pixely. :0)

I hope you're having fun with it. A new camera is THE BEST TOY EVER!

JEFF said...

There is nothing like having a new camera!! Enjoy...of course we will too!

Anonymous said...

ok so I must be slow because I realize that you got a new camera but I don't know what a SLR is---enlighten me please---regardless I am happy for your new toy and the great pictures you have taken with it so far!!!

Lewko Family Blog said...

Um... I'm JEALOUS! You'll have to show it to me and teach me how to use one once you've mastered it. I want one so bad!