Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Next Time...

... you see anyone running with a jogging stroller, give them huge props!

Yesterday I decided to take Jilli and Aaron for a jog around Miramar Lake. Dana is gone this week, so I have had to get creative about making sure to run.

I loaded the beast of a double stroller into my van, dropped Isaac off at Joy School and headed down the 15. It was a sunny but pleasant morning. Not too hot. I loaded the babies and their blankets in and crossed my fingers.

The route is 5 flat miles. I started out feeling good, worried about pacing because that is usually Dana's forte. I was passing people, and freaking out that I would die and they would pass me later! I actually felt pretty good and made it the whole way.

Dana and I had been doing 6 miles most mornings, with lots of hills. 5 miles of flat with a jogging stroller could possibly be even harder! You don't realize how much you use your arms to run until you can't anymore!

So next time you see anyone running with a stroller... take it from me, it is tough!

The babies fell asleep on the last quarter mile! Jillian was singing for half the ride, and Aaron was screaming right along. Jillian did drop her mono one time... fortunately, as soon as I realized that it was missing, someone ran up behind me and had picked it up!!


This is me sweaty and tired. But awake. No one drove me home in my cozy car seat and lovingly transferred me to my bed :P

3 comments:

Lewko Family Blog said...

Look at that hair!

Wyndi said...

You stud!! :)

Tiffany said...

You are brave, I wouldn't have attempted it, I don't have the patience if the babies would be crying.